3.24.2008

American Food & Indian Clothes


When I arrived, there was a big welcome basket waiting for me. I have been working on it and working on it, but this basket is not diminishing! It could be likened to when Jesus fed the 5000!
(This picture was taken after a couple days of working on it...)

As those of you in Norway will recall, I said when I came here I was gonna EAT until I blow up. I haven't blown up, but I have been eating! Oh yeah!

I asked Leigh to take me to Krispy Kreme (if you have never heard of them they are donuts that MELT in your mouth). I ate until I got a stomach ache :-)

It has been a bit weird for me being here, so while we were out at "The Cheesecake Factory", God did me a favour so that I would feel more comfortable... the milk for my coffee came with a bug in it. I consider this a kindness in helping me adjust from Outreach. Unfortunately I do not drink my coffee with milk in it, but I could at least see the bug and feel comforted.


I have heard people from the outside say that everything you buy in the USA is bigger. When I went to Europe I thought everything was so "tiny" and "cute" and sometimes, "irritatingly and unnecessarily small". Now I have had the great privilege of experiencing things the opposite way. This cheesecake was HUGE, and the coffee... I could just sit and smile at it for a long time.

And the great thing about being back is that they have these magic cups/mugs. They never go down in how much you have left to drink. I can drink and drink, then look away for a second - and it's full again! Without me having to pay to get another cup! God bless this country! :-)

No comments: