I was, in fact, shocked when I came here... not as to the lowness of the conditions, but as to the cleanliness and how much it exceeded my expectations (I think I can safely say that I have been on too many outreaches now...)
This is one of our toilets...
They are cleaned each morning by a Danish man named Tony, and they are quite satisfactory. They are a bit tight and Sharon jokingly says that you have to stand on the toilet seat to shut the door! The really fun one, however, is on our side of the reception. It is attached to the men's urinals and the dividing wall only goes up halfway to my knees. It was quite the surprise on day, when as I sat down to pee I looked down and saw the shoes of a man, facing the opposite as I was. It took just a moment to realize what was going on, and then I had to decide if I could still relieve myself. I think the first time I waited until he left and then I felt "safe" :-)Many of the girls will not go in there if they see feet on the other side, but I saw another crazy chance to beat fear. I had this idea to one day get the courage to strike up a conversation with the man peeing on the other side of the wall. As luck had it, Jarle was the next guy that was in there at the same time and he saw me go in, so not knowing my own personal goal, he spoke to me. So, one more way that fear has been beaten in my life! And it is nice that now I have no qualms about going into that one and just peeing whenever I might need to... no matter if someone is using the urinal or not!
And, since we are on crazy topics... I thought that I would add this picture...
1 comment:
What?!? No poop....?
Post a Comment