Well, as I write this... a fight is almost breaking out in our hostel. I don't think it will actually happen, but these two guys just will not stop arguing and swearing. I have just heard the f-word more times in the last 15 minutes than in the entire last two years. Life is never boring...
This was taken on July 1st - Canada Day. I went out for Baklava and Coffee, it was wonderful! I have almost started a tradition, two summers ago in Turkey I had Baklava to celebrate Canada Day. The people at the coffee shop know me already ;-)
We have one team "casualty" this week... well, not really. She's fully alive and functional... just a slightly different colour than is natural. After a day at the beach and discovering that the sun here is very strong, I began to have a new nickname for Ingvild - Shrimp. That's because that's the colour she reminded me of. She's doing good, and getting less red... and I must say that she is in great spirits about it all...
Although perhaps significantly less exposed to the sun. Her face actually had small blisters on it from the burn, but they are almost gone now. She was sitting in front of the fans on our room today with tonnes of cream on her body. I refrained from photographing that because it was slightly indecent ;-)
Our major day at the beach went well for everyone - it's such a blessing to live so close! In the photo above are Jarle and Elisabeth, being slowly buried by the sand.
This was taken on July 1st - Canada Day. I went out for Baklava and Coffee, it was wonderful! I have almost started a tradition, two summers ago in Turkey I had Baklava to celebrate Canada Day. The people at the coffee shop know me already ;-)
We have one team "casualty" this week... well, not really. She's fully alive and functional... just a slightly different colour than is natural. After a day at the beach and discovering that the sun here is very strong, I began to have a new nickname for Ingvild - Shrimp. That's because that's the colour she reminded me of. She's doing good, and getting less red... and I must say that she is in great spirits about it all...
Although perhaps significantly less exposed to the sun. Her face actually had small blisters on it from the burn, but they are almost gone now. She was sitting in front of the fans on our room today with tonnes of cream on her body. I refrained from photographing that because it was slightly indecent ;-)
Our major day at the beach went well for everyone - it's such a blessing to live so close! In the photo above are Jarle and Elisabeth, being slowly buried by the sand. Other important happenings... well, you can all stop praying for Jarle, because he beat me tonight playing Carcassone. It is good for him, though because I was beginning to feel bad that I have ALWAYS been beating him here. We need to hope this does not happen too often, or I fear it will go to his head!
Also, today I got my first proposal of this outreach. I was out trying to find shoes, and met a very nice man (I am not actually sure if he is an Arab or a Jew - in fact, I don't even know his name, but he wants to marry me!) He was very doting and affectionate with his words, and I was quite flattered, but I'm just not sure it will really work out. He kept asking me to marry him and asking what I want, and I kept telling him that I want shoes. Maybe communication would be a problem? :-)
That's all for tonight from this corner of the world!
2 comments:
Hei! Takk for oppdateringene! Her regner det helt vilt. Vi vurderer å bygge noe sånn som det Noa bygde for noen år siden...
Nyt sola i Israel!
Klem fra Beate
Post a Comment