2.25.2007

Butt-load of Snow

It's still snowing... been that way for days now. Not too encouraging to go outside, but finally I decided that I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to go out.
In the picture above - our firewood is kept under all of that mess!
And this is the door we normally go out of to get the firewood. Needless to say, we've been using another route.

A slightly different view of our beach.

I have never seen a frozen ocean before... it was so interesting! It reminded me of a giant Slurpee, although I am sure that it wouldn't taste nearly that good! I just had to sit down and put my feet into it.

I really needed to get to "my spot". So, enduring the ice cold winds slapping snow onto my face, and showing as little flesh as I could, I trekked up the long stairs to get to the lawn by the fence. I couldn't see the stairs, couldn't really feel them either. And then I found myself a little deep in snow. Not knowing if I would make it, I bravely pushed on...
I paused to observe a determined neighbor make their way home, and then continued on my incredible journey. And when I got up to the top, I was extremely pleased to see that God had cleared the snow for me! Just enough room for me to walk :-)

Here go the Viking men, out to do the man's work. We have virtually kept PK out there for days, and we only let him in for meals and to thaw out.


This morning as I looked outside, I realized that I will probably be waiting awhile to go out there again. I mean, I can hardly even SEE my fence!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I hate winter!!!!! Why all this snow????? The frustration is not to speak about :) Hope you guys are doing well out there.... see ya around in the spring!!