2.22.2007

Oh baby, it's cold outside

Ok, I know that I am Canadian - but you may not know that I grew up in the mildest place in Canada in the winter. Seriously, we were lucky if we got one small snowfall in the city. And maybe, just maybe, it would stay overnight. It snowed in places we would visit, not where we lived. If you want snow, you go to the mountains. Well, I ave lived in some snowier places since then, but this is a little ridiculous! It has been snowing and blowing hard for a couple days now. It's just white outside, and cold.
Needless to say, I have finally retired my "spot" outside for at least a few days. There's no view right now anyways. I have never before experienced that snow can blow under your doors or through your windows... so now I can "cross this of my list"
We had colder weather yesterday than we've had in over 20 years here! More than -35'C (-31'F) with the windchill! So, I am presently very happy to just look outside and admire the snow that seems to be covering us very slowly. I do love the look of the wind-blown snow that reminds me of sand dunes. But, if these get much higher, I most certainly won't be going anywhere. And if my blog does not get updated until spring it is because I am frozen in!

Yes, that is a car under there... at least I think it once was...
This is the door that we have to go out for firewood... I don't think this wood will last long, and I am not volunteering to go out. We can light a million candles, that's about the same!
And not everyone is lucky enough to not have to go outside!

1 comment:

Leigh Getty Hinkel said...

How horrible!!! I'm glad it's you and not me....