6.28.2007

In Israel

Well, it's late, so this will be brief.
It's warm here, in case any of you reading this were unsure. I can confirm that, definitely. As proof I have a lovely rash on both my thighs. For those of you with small thighs that do not touch, or guys or anyone who has not walked a lot in hot, humid climates... rashes are possible if your wet thighs are constantly rubbing together. Let's just say it doesn't feel good; but it's worth it! :-)
I loved the smell early in the morning as we drove from the airport. Humid earth... like I could smell the soil or something. The sun rising in a mist behind the row of palm trees also made a nice impression, even in my severely jet-lagged state.
I really like the people, although I have not made any particular friends yet, the first week is a lot of orientating ourselves and adjusting to life. I have taken on the job of buying, planning and organizing the food stuff. A decent job, and going well so far. We had one successful dinner tonight - I didn't cook, just plan it... but you need that, too!
I had one adventure today during our lunch break - I walked down to the Mediterranean and stuck my feet into it - the first time! I look forward to whole-heartily throwing my whole body in!
Well, I have had my evening shower now... and for the first time since breakfast I am not covered in sweat or dried sweat. Squeaky clean and ready to sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your update. It helps a lot to see your pictures.It is easier to be with you guys in my mind.I am the visual type.I will continue to look at your website and we have to pray for some cool air.ann elisabeth