3.27.2007

Boarding Faces

I went to a small Ski hill a few hours north with 3 friends this last weekend. It was great to be able to use my snowboard that Mom and Dad brought from Canada again!
We stayed in a very small hytta or cabin. Fred did a great job of planning the meals, and brought entertainment in the nights.
And we're off and ready to go... Johannes and I posing with our boards.
It didn't take long for the injuries to start, beginning with Fred's fabulous butt-dive off a big jump! Johannes was soon decorating his face with cuts and bruises...


I personally enjoyed this sight...right at the top of the chairlift! Hmmm... men!
This is how Mai and I felt at the end of our first day!
And a new morning...
Bringing new fun and new injuries.
I had successfully done a few jumps the day before, but my theory is that on the second day the jump was a bit bigger after the grooming the night before. So, basically I somehow turned around and landed on my face!
It doesn't look too bad, now does it?
It's starting to show... now what will it look like tomorrow?
Life is hard sometimes ;-)

Ok... this shows just a bit now

"On a journey from the sunshine coast
A competition, who can hurt themselves the most?
One received a full 10 points
And since has felt it in his joints
Toward a jump with too much speed
Happily, not the one who would bleed.
Now the day is new
And there is so much to do,
New things we can try
More hills off which to fly
Four friends in a cabin so small
A snoring competition to beat them all!"

Jessica Rietveld
25 Mar 2007

No comments: