8.27.2006

Settling in and Becoming Weegified

A couple of days ago during my language learning session I tried something new: 10 min of talking with a “no English” rule. I was dreading this, but it turned out much better than I expected. We went overtime because we did not want to stop – 15 min and I survived! I also managed to get through another 3 verses in my Norsk Bibelen, and now I have finished reading and understanding my first psalm in Norwegian! Of course, it takes me about 15 min to read 3 verses… it’s a good thing that it was a short psalm! 119 will have to wait awhile…


Here is a pic of my room - I've been trying to decorate and get a feeling of being settled. It's taken me awhile to figure out what to do with my room and then also where on earth to buy a few things to make it feel homey.



Here is a photo that shows just how much I am being affected by, and begnning to turm into a Weegie.
-Inside shoes (I hate that I have conformed to the standards and become like everyone else, but these are very practical, especially while living at a YWAM base)
- Twist for whoever might stop by my room (always be ready to feed your visitors)!
- A Norwegian calendar, complete with weeks starting on Monday and week numbers (we are just finishing uke 34)
- A Weegie worship CD
- Norwegian Bibel
- Dictionary so I can read the Bible
- Cell phone so I can contact the world
- Norwegian bank/visa card (with pin code, so I can actually use it here - unlike my Canadian one in most places!)

I will try to keep you all updated on the morphing of my mind...

No comments: