I had the most fantastic experience!
..........
..........
I was minding my own business, flying down a snow covered mountain with my feet strapped to a board and loving the feeling, when suddenly out of nowhere it seemed, there was a skier ahead in my pathway. Now, I try to act like I think Jesus would act while boarding, and so I try to be polite and give people around me the space to enjoy themselves, much like I would wish people to treat me. (I can't stand those crazy young boys who wizz past way too close for comfort!)
So, in effort to give this skier as wide a berth as possible I pointed my board straight ahead and refrained from carving (which, buy the way, does slow your speed down and give you more control). Well, by the time I passed the skier I was clocking it pretty fast and as my attention was focused elsewhere, I realized too late that I was about to fly over a hill at top speed. Well, I wish I could've seen the look on my face when I flew over the hill and realized that I was no longer in contact with the ground! In fact, I believe it was at least half a foot away from me! Well, the looks on my face went from shock to terror to elation when I successfully landed and continued boarding! And I was going even faster than before the jump! Thankfully, I did manage to slow down and regain a slightly sane speed. As I continued down the hill, the grin on my face grew larger and larger until it quite took over! I realized that I just made a jump! And I didn't fall! And my adrenaline was soaring! How cool!
For the rest of that morning, I must've looked like someone who had won the lottery. And in my book, I had :-)
So, in effort to give this skier as wide a berth as possible I pointed my board straight ahead and refrained from carving (which, buy the way, does slow your speed down and give you more control). Well, by the time I passed the skier I was clocking it pretty fast and as my attention was focused elsewhere, I realized too late that I was about to fly over a hill at top speed. Well, I wish I could've seen the look on my face when I flew over the hill and realized that I was no longer in contact with the ground! In fact, I believe it was at least half a foot away from me! Well, the looks on my face went from shock to terror to elation when I successfully landed and continued boarding! And I was going even faster than before the jump! Thankfully, I did manage to slow down and regain a slightly sane speed. As I continued down the hill, the grin on my face grew larger and larger until it quite took over! I realized that I just made a jump! And I didn't fall! And my adrenaline was soaring! How cool!
For the rest of that morning, I must've looked like someone who had won the lottery. And in my book, I had :-)


2 comments:
Hello Jessica
Yes we did love it. We can just picture you flying through the air. We look forward to reading more of your "stuff".
Jofrid and Peter
Knowing you, I'm only surprised that it was your first jump! :-)
Love!
Lloyd, Wendy and crew
Post a Comment