12.21.2012

End of year resolutions

Last year, right before the year ended I had an epiphany. Instead of trying to do the often unattainable New Years Resolution - we need to start end of year resolutions.

New Years Resolutions are a nice idea, but many if us make difficult ones and there is no deadline - just a constant goal to be better in something the next year. (Like lose weight or exercise more or smoke less are the most common).
These big goals just get discouraging after awhile. We're bound to fail eventfully and often give up after a fee weeks.
So why not take baby-steps?

Last year I decided a couple weeks before Christmas that my goal at the end of the year was to finish a cross stitch picture I'd been working on for ages. The deadline was the new year and it was attainable, so I set to work. I even ended up cross stitching on New Years Eve in order to finish, while the people at our party looked on. I did it- closed the year of 2011 well. I felt satisfied and pleased at the start of the new year instead of having a mountain in front of me.

This end-of-year I decided to get up early in the mornings to have a bit of peacefulness to myself in the midst if holiday chaos. I started just a few days ago and will keep it up until 2013.


You've got 10 days... What goal do you want to accomplish in that time?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to get up early in the morning too, I've tried that many years ago, but I always fail after "some days" --- maybe I will start a new goal and that is to sleep early :)