5.22.2007

17th of May

It was that wonderful time of year again here in Norway. A time where the sun always shines in the south (even though the forecast was for rain) and everyone dresses up for a hot dog and icecream eating contest!
The day started out as usual here with the all-important flag raising. There was actually a foreign embassador from Canada who raised the flag! What an honor it was (for me, as well ;-)Speaking of foreign, we also had an international drummer in the parade with us from Ghana I learned on this day just how talented the Swiss are... I discovered just how desperate Norwegians can get for bread...!And quite enjoyed seeing all the men dressed up! :-)
We even had a visit from a very nice UPS man ;-)One of the people in this next picture is not a Norwegian... can you see who? :-)


Doesn't Runar look great in his Bunad?

And I realized again just how unbelievably beautiful some of the Weegies look in their Bunad or national costume!

I am thankful to God for bringing me to this wonderful country!

1 comment:

Familien Tinggaard said...

Lucky you!! I only had a Norwegian friend visiting in the evening, and we had rømmegrøt together, but no dressing up or anything... But if I had been in Norway, I probably would not ave been able to do much anyway, being HEAVY with child as I am.