The DTS students have all gone on outreach for now (Thailand, India & Turkey), and our big house has become quite a bit emptier and quieter (yes... even with me living here)! This is a good time for the few staff left behind to get lots of work done on the house. First job (well second one I guess since I did the windows) was to sand the old dirty wax off the dining room floor so that we can put a fresh coat of wax on. Sounds pretty easy, doesn't it? Well, we have a big dining room and many people eat here and I guess people are dirty (apparently even Norwegians!) The sander wasn't doing a good enough job on it's own until Steve had an epiphany - weigh it down!
Turns out that I became the perfect weight and I won the privilege of riding this sander for hours... and hours! It was fun, but also tiring (probably moreso for Steve than me). I found that it felt a bit weird to be sitting on a vibrating machine and being pushed around a room for so long. It really heated up my bum after awhile, but sometimes you just need to sacrifice for the greater good.
No comments:
Post a Comment