Most people around here were a little surpised and a bit worried, I think, when I made the decision to stay "home" for Christmas holidays. Home for me being room 13 of Skjærgårdsheimen. (Do not panic... I will go to a "real" home on Christmas eve!)
Lest y'all be worried that I am in some horrible state, let me calm your fears. I am having a very good time. My guess is that this will probably be the most peaceful Christmas season in my life. I have decorated my room with the materials that I've had available. No lights, tree or Nativity... but I have made due, and it is very Koslig in here.
I do not have a Christmas tree... so I am using one of my plants, I did this in KC once... maybe it will become some sort of wierd tradition for me :-)
I am adapting to my new culture... and trying to celebrate with their traditions. Below is the manditory decoration of candles in the window (so sorry my weegie friends, but I do not have a star... maybe next year). Also, my advent candles in the new-to-me Advent color of purple. I am all ready to change to red...
I have an entire huge house to myself. The living room seats over 80 people... and I am not lonely. How could I be when there is One who is always with me? He is the reason for the season and I am blessed with the time and freedom to just relax and be with Him. Enjoy your holidays and time with your family, if you are with them. Take time to think of whose birthday we are celebrating, and don't forget to ask Him what He wants for Christmas!
2 comments:
Hey Jessica!
Good to hear that you are enjoying your time.
I hope that also tomorrow will be a good day for you.
You are great and I wish you all the best!
Love from Maria
glad to hear youre having a good time!:)
looking very much forward to see you here;)
glad i deg, hugs from r
Post a Comment