6.26.2006

Final Thoughts from Denmark

They told me in the IECS that I need to be like a child to learn another langauge and culture, and I often feel like one... It's like I have to re-learn so much: How to speak, what to say, what to do, how to act... etc. Then I realized while watching Samuel that at least it's not so bad - I don't need to learn to walk and eat and I am so glad that I don't need to wear diapers!!A few things that I have done and I can "cross off my list" - eating ground chicken, eating ice cream with marzipan in it and climbing through a window with stairs up to it before the backdoor was put in.
Have you ever tried to do push ups with a child a crawling underneath you? It's not as easy as it looks :-)

1 comment:

Beate said...

Hehe Jessica, you still make me laugh, even if you are a bit further away than the last 3 months.
I'm glad we didn't have to have a class about cultural diapers...
Have a good time in Finland!

B