6.24.2006

Danish Impressions from a Transplanted, Grafted Weegie to be



Suddenly I am realizing just how much of a "home" Norway has become for me, by being in this foreign country called Denmark :-)

We could start with the scenery - which to no Weegie's surprise is a little flatter. The Surawaha Indians in Brazil would be pleased.



Then there is the Food... which although it may appear similar to a North American, is not. Every time I look at the food here I think : these Danes can't spell - of course, I know it is another langauage, but that is the impression that I get. Here is our typical lunch with one thing there that seems familiar - and I guess rather out of place. I found some Gouda from Holland in the store here and I just had to have cheese as God intended it :-) A little taste of home sweet home.


This is s Danish dessert for the afternoons or other times. It is called Koldskål and tastes good, although I was in doubt when they described it to me. I would describe it as something between unsweetened yogurt and milk with cookies crumbled in it - I do recomend it. It's no Gouda, but it's a nice Danish treat.

No comments: