3.31.2006

My Great & Mighty Provider

A couple of days ago a financial need of a prospective student from the Philippines arose and we had a "love-offering" - everyone here giving what they could to help. My first inclination was to give a small amount of money since I do not have all of the money for this course yet. But then I began to think about generosity, and giving when it really is a sacrifice - like the woman in the Bible who gave all that she had. So, after a couple of gradual jumps, I decided to give ten times the original amount that I had thought. I gave the money, and didn't think any more about it. I even managed not to worry about how I would pay for the course. Not more than a few hours later, someone walked up to me and handed me an envelope. When I looked inside there was 3 times the amount of money that I had just given away!
God is so good!

No comments: