12.18.2010

Christmas Party

The hardest time for me during the leaving process was actually our staff Christmas Party. I love the place I have been working and the people that I have been working with. There is one memory from that party that will stay with me and perhaps pop into my head late at night when I am an old woman and make me chuckle softly to myself.
Geir came into the room and there was something–different–about the color of his skin. It was a dark brown, with some tones of red in it. As we are all sitting down to have our fancy meal and dressed up nicely, he suddenly pulls up his shirt and shows his belly to everyone. The point was not his belly, rather the colour of it. Everyone had to see, and everyone in the room was jealous. He had been in Hawaii and had gotten what I consider to be unnaturally brown. He looked a bit like meat that has been over browned in a frying pan. It was however, all colour and not burnt as he proceeded to prove to everyone with the “finger test” - where you imprint a finger mark on your skin to see if the skin looses it’s colour for a second after the impression is made. The colour did not change, and he was the envy of every snow-white Norwegian there. I personally thought it was hilarious that he had to show even his stomach, I think I saw it at least 3 times that evening, and I do think (sorry Weegies) that it IS possible to be TOO TANNED.

PS, this is NOT Geir, that is a guy's name... this is just an example of overcooked skin...

No comments: