1.02.2008

Days between

If you have been wondering what I have been doing since my oh-so-exciting days of Christmas... I have been living in a middle land. A middle land of packing and mess, a quiet island, and eating whatever I happen to feel like at the moment. Freedom, chaos and peace all mixed up together!
I have taken over the entire upstairs hallway. Not really a problem when i have been the only one living up here the last few days. In fact, there has been only one other person on the base - Steve.
In between Norsk Jul and whatever I may be fed in India, I have a few days of choice. So, what did I choose but some killer refried bean burritos! It's been awhile (i know that those of you who live just a few blocks from Taco Bell don't understand this... but I haven't had refried beans in years!)
I had a couple of sunny days from God, where we went out on some nice walks together on the island. That is something that I will miss this winter. And, it seems that today winter decided to arrive. My last day in southern Norway for awhile. I woke up this morning to sleet hitting my window.
The first signs of winter. It's a blustery day, indeed!
Suddenly I feel ready to say: India, here I come!

1 comment:

Leigh Getty Hinkel said...

Wow.
Still like refried beans after all, eh? :)