12.21.2007

Nessie & The Highlands

Yesterday was a lovely day of sitting on a bus, traveling all around Scotland with a very entertaining tour guide! The only negative was having to get up and going so early, but I think it was definitely worth it! Here is the early morn view from our starting point beside Edinburgh Castle...

The scenery was at first, rather mundane with the odd glimpse of something like a castle... but I became very happy as we headed into the highlands... there is something about mountains. It could be that I grew up around them, or that the beauty, grandeur and majesty remind me of God - but I just can't help getting excited every time. This trip I often pictured men running around the hills with bagpipes and wearing kilts!

Needless to say... this made me hungry! I think he might have been posing...
and God showing off again... I love it when He does that!
Then we got up to Loch Ness (and learned how to really pronounce it) and I had the pleasure of meeting "Nessie" - the Loch Ness Monster. She looks pretty friendly, eh? Perhaps monster is a bit harsh of a term. In a lake near my parents in Canada we have her cousin - the Ogopogo. I will take her regards to him when I return to Canada in the springtime.


On the waters of the deep, dark Loch Ness

No comments: